Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I am having a love affair with this ice cream sandwich

And also with Laura Veirs (in particular, the song "Magnetized," which really ought to be on her MySpace page). She's got everything I loved about Lisa Loeb when I was seventeen (intelligent lyrics, a charming bookishness, hot librarian glasses, she's a girl who plays guitar, etc.), plus her music is infinitely more grown-up and listenable (although I'll always love Lisa Loeb for calling her band Nine Stories).

I discovered Veirs late, probably the same way a number of people did: as the voice of the pregnant girlfriend of the American soldier in The Decemberists' song "Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)." She has one of those voices I'd like to have sex with. Just the voice, y'know? Y'know. Oh, and Veirs grew up in Colorado Springs, which is kind of cool. I mean, it's a shitty town--real shitty town--but it's cool that she was so close, or... or something. Okay, yeah, it really means nothing.

Speaking of sexable voices, here's a list of some other voices I want to have sex with (a list which includes a few people with whom I'd actually like to have sex--you know, like, with their bodies. I'm not going to tell you which ones those are):


Jeff Goldblum's



Scarlett Johansson's



Sir William Murray's



Jenny Lewis's



Joanna Newsom's


And while I'm throwing pictures around, I'm very happy to remind you that Phil Smith



will be here in a day or two.

I need to go and spend some alone time with that picture of Scarlett Johansson. It's melting my brain. I can't... I can't go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home